var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-39027024-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Farmstay and Blue Mountains Tour – Day Two
- An Australian farm-style country breakfast of eggs and bacon is cooked on the BBQ, and we share another meal with Mary and Bill on the farm.
- On leaving the farm we drive through Orange to Bathurst (1), where we stop for morning tea in a park.
- Then the tour continues onto Katoomba (2), heart of the World Heritage Blue Mountains National Park.
- At Scenic World we ride the world’s steepest railway, the Scenic Railway, to the floor of the picturesque Jamison Valley, where you walk on comfortable boardwalks to explore the history and natural beauty. The ride back to the top can be on the Scenic Cableway.
- From the cliff tops around Katoomba we can appreciate amazing views of rock formations, such as the Three Sisters and vegetation of the Jamison Valley. We admire these these before our last picnic lunch stop at a local park.
- Before heading back to Sydney passengers can choose between two Aboriginal Experiences. The Waradah Aboriginal Centre in Katoomba (2) has Aboriginal dance, music and art didgeridoo playing to see or we can make an excursion into the Blue Mountains National Park at Glenbrook to see real 1600 year old Aboriginal Rock Art, (3), painted by local Australian indigenous inhabitants centuries before the arrival of Europeans in Australia.
- Then we travel back to Sydney (4) to drop passengers off at prearranged convenient locations.