var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-39027024-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Tour Itinerary: Day One – Blue Mountains, Orange and Farmstay | Day Two – Canowindra, Abercrombie Caves, and Megalong Valley | Day Three – Horse riding, Blue Mountains and Aboriginal Rock Art | Back to Tour Description
Farmstay, Caves, Horse Riding & Blue Mountains Tour – Day One
- The tour starts with pick ups from Sydney’s transport hub of Central Station (1) or passenger’s central Sydney accommodation by prearrangement with Sally.
- We drive straight to the World Heritage Blue Mountains National Park (2) and stop at a stunning lookout to enjoy morning tea.
- Then we proceed through the mountains and to the plains of inland NSW taking us through rural villages and the city of Bathurst.
- At Orange (3) we stop at the beautiful and historic Cook Park to have lunch under the hundred year old trees and you can visit the green houses and an aviary of Australian birds.
- A short drive from Orange is Inglevale farm (4), the childhood home of our farmstay host Bill Norris.
- The afternoon and evening on Inglevale is unforgettable with traditional farm culture and hospitality. There’ll be demonstrations of sheep handling and shearing and droving on horseback with the use of skilled sheep dogs. There are displays of Draught horses, bred by Wilf, Bill’s father, used to plough and pull cart rides. A whip cracking demonstration can be followed by you having a try too!
- A BBQ dinner is cooked by Mary, Bill’s wife which includes damper, lamb chops, kangaroo meat and other traditional Australian bush tucker.
- Campfire entertainment after dinner can include Australian bush poetry and folk songs and story telling. An exhibition of the Southern night sky stars with explanation of the constellations and their Aboriginal legends may be possible.
- Accommodation this night is in an established campsite of twin share tents and caravans surrounding the farm homestead, all equipped with comfortable camp beds.
- There are two bathrooms with hot showers and flushing toilets, and we can use the shearing shed should bad weather interrupt the evening. Better than 4 star accommodation, tonight there are a billion stars