var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-39027024-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Tour Itinerary: Day One – Koala Park Sanctuary, Blue Mountains, Mudgee Wine Tasting | Day Two – Hill End, Orange, Farmstay | Day Three – Canowindra, Abercrombie Caves, Megalong Valley | Day Four – Horse Riding, Blue Mountains, Aboriginal Rock Art | Back to Tour Description
Venture West Tour – Day Four (Wednesday)
- At Werriberri Lodge a continental breakfast is prepared in your cabin
- If passengers choose to take the optional horse ride we travel to the nearby Blue Mountains Equestrian Centre (1) where specially selected horses take riders through the bushland of the Megalong Valley.
- Experienced riders will be given a responsive horse, but no experience of riding is necessary as the centre’s professional guides will help novice riders on quiet reliable horses, and if horses are not your style Sally can deliver you to one of the several nearby scenic bush walks instead, or an other activity of your choice.
- We have morning tea after the morning activities and then the tour continues to Katoomba (2). This is the heart of the World Heritage Blue Mountains National Park.
- The Scenic Railway at Scenic World is the world’s steepest railway. It takes passengers to the floor of the picturesque Jamison Valley, where they explore the history and natural beauty on the comfortable boardwalks. The ride back to the top can be on the Scenic Cableway.
- From the cliff tops around Katoomba we can appreciate amazing views of rock formations, such as the Three Sisters and vegetation of the Jamison Valley. We admire these these before our last picnic lunch stop at a local park.
- Before heading back to Sydney passengers can choose between two Aboriginal Experiences. The Waradah Aboriginal Centre in Katoomba (2) has Aboriginal dance, music and art didgeridoo playing to see or we can make an excursion into the Blue Mountains National Park at Glenbrook to see real 1600 year old Aboriginal Rock Art, (3), painted by local Australian indigenous inhabitants centuries before the arrival of Europeans in Australia.
- Then we travel back to Sydney (4) to drop passengers off at prearranged convenient locations.