var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-39027024-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Tour Itinerary: Day One – Koala Park Sanctuary, Blue Mountains, Mudgee Wine Tasting | Day Two – Hill End, Orange, Farmstay | Day Three – Canowindra, Abercrombie Caves, Megalong Valley | Day Four – Horse Riding, Blue Mountains, Aboriginal Rock Art | Back to Tour Description
Venture West Tour – Day Three (Tuesday)
- An Australian farm-style country breakfast of eggs and bacon is cooked on the BBQ, and we share another meal with Mary and Bill on the farm.
- As we drive this morning through scenic country we see historic villages with rustic rural charm.
- In Canowindra (1) where the charming main street has a big bend and is lined with double story shops with wide verandas we stop to peruse the galleries, antique and curio shops.
- Then we visit the world renowned Age of Fishes Museum which holds the fossil collection and information about a local 360 million year old fossil site located just out of Canowindra. Morning tea is taken at the museum.
- We then drive to Abercrombie Caves (2), nestled in a natural and peaceful valley wildlife reserve. Passengers take a tour of The Archway cave – the largest natural arch in the Southern Hemisphere.
- We have a BBQ picnic in the tranquil bush setting by the local creek.
- On our drive back to the mountains we visit the city of Bathurst (3). Australia’s first inland city. Bathurst has many historic and stately buildings.
- Then we head back to the World Heritage Blue Mountains National Park, to the Megalong Valley (4). Here we stay at Werriberri Lodge in comfortable holiday cabins. They are set in natural Bush and are complete with all home comforts, including full kitchens where Sally will prepare a home cooked meal.
- If you choose the 4 stay accommodation upgrade at a Bed & Breakfast in nearby Blackheath you can purchase your own meal at one of the several restaurants and pubs to choice from.